The Little Big Book of Christmas
Edited by Lena Tabori
352 pages, 6.5" x 6.5"
Hardcover, $24.95 ($27.95 CAN)
On Sale: September
CHRISTMAS / ANTHOLOGY
Long out of print, the definitive Christmas anthology is back with a new jacket and introduction, and lavishly illustrated throughout with nineteenth-century artwork. This book will remind you of the origins of Christmas, the roots of modern celebration, and the current significance of the holiday in each of our lives. Timeless and delightful, beautifully designed, The Little Big Book of Christmas is a great big international holiday book chock-full of stories, songs, biblical verse, Christmas lore, and the best recipes ever. Inside you'll find:
- Gospel stories, including those of St. Luke and St. Matthew.
- Poetry of William Shakespeare, John Milton, Robert Frost, Clement Clarke Moore, Ogden Nash, W. H. Auden, and Lewis Carroll.
- Stories from Louisa May Alcott, Hans Christian Andersen, Charles Dickens, O. Henry, Langston Hughes, Norman Vincent Peale, Lincoln Steffens, and Selma Lagerlof.
- Christmas lore from Dorothy Thompson, Norman Vincent Peale, and Francis P. Church.
- Carols galore including "O Little Town of Bethlehem," "Silent Night," "The First Noel," "Joy to the World," and "The Twelve Days of Christmas."
- The best holiday recipes, including New England Eggnog, Classic Sugar Cookies, Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Sticks, A Brownie Christmas Tree, Swedish Gingerbread Cookies, Refrigerator Cookies, and Scandinavian Glogg.